
5.17.2007
Family and Friends,
Today we had our 30 week check-up. Everything is looking good!
Heartbeat: 151
Babies estimated weight: 3 lbs
I have recently completed my breastfeeding class and am excited to begin this adventure! In Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Book, "A Place of Quiet Rest" she states....
"The word El Shaddai can be translated to mean "Almighty God" or the "All-Sufficient One." But the root for the word El Shaddai is the word shad, the Hebrew word for "breast." This name pictures God as the 'breasted One.' Much as a nursing mother pours herself out to satisfy the thirst of her infant, causing the fretful child to be calmed at the mother's breast, so El Shaddai pours Himself into believing lives and satisfies His children's thirsty, fretful hearts!"
Simply Amazing!!!
This past weekend, Travis and I traveled home to Cleveland to assist my sisters in hosting my parent's 30th Anniverary Party!! As I contemplate becoming a parent myself, I often reflect on the positive attributes of my own parents...
Things I hope to imitate as I become a parent:
1. My parents always had "Quiet Time" after supper as the girls did the dinner chores. We were not permitted in the "Quiet Time Area" unless we were bleeding. My parents used this time to re-connect to each other after a very busy day. They valued this time and we sensed it!
1. My parents always had "Quiet Time" after supper as the girls did the dinner chores. We were not permitted in the "Quiet Time Area" unless we were bleeding. My parents used this time to re-connect to each other after a very busy day. They valued this time and we sensed it!
2. One thing that assisted my parents in raising three [wonderful :) ] girls was their prayer time together.
3. Family Vacations
4. My mother hosted our very own Vacation Bible School for the neighborhood children in our backyard. She pumped us with the Word!
5. My father was a very patient teacher/parent and forgave easily.
*Travis wants to add what he would like to imitate about his parents:
1. Bruce and Sheila made their kids a priority.
2. They empowered their kids to believe that they could be or do anything!!
3. Said, "I love You's" often!
4. Quality time together occured daily.
4. Quality time together occured daily.
5. Their home was always filled with love and laughter!
We Love you all and appreciate your prayers!
Lisa, Travis, and Baby Caleb!
1 comment:
I just wanted everyone to know how great my wife has been through the whole process of having little Caleb. Classes, taking care of herself and the baby, educating ourselves on parenting have all been done by Lisa! Everything has went according to plans and wew thank God daily for His hand over our situation. Caleb is one lucky little guy to have such a great mother!!!
Post a Comment