Monday, August 24, 2009

The boys taking inventory on their vehicles
As many of you know I am an avid garage sale-er....well the other day I found 50 new [never been opened] jars of playdough for $1!!! Can you believe it!! Here's what we did in "Arts and Crafts" time last week!
[Side note: I found a bag of new diapers-size 4 for a $1!!! All the mothers out there can relate to the savings and the joy that accompanies this purchase!]

Another steal...I got this amazing fire truck at a garage sale for $1- it was a big hit!


Mohawk Mike!




And yet again....
I help create the curriculum for our church nursery. As I looked ahead at Septembers lesson plans I was encouraged by a verse I found..."Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint." I was encouraged to take time and seek God so that he could renew me to finish the race strong! Thank you Jesus for your awesome power and strength!
We are currently reading, "Bringing out the Genius In Your Child." Not because Caleb is a genius but because the book contains numerous activities to do with your toddlers that promote brain development. One suggestion was to provide opportunities for your child to express themselves creatively through various outlets. Today's outlet was PAINT!! He loved it. He became so excited he was jumping while he painted. Up until recently we felt he would do more damage then good with paint and although today was extremely messy, it was worth it! More pictures to come!
Okay enough for now!!
We Love You!
~TAFS

No comments: