Thursday, January 20, 2011

Money Savers....

So I took the boys to the Muncie Children's Museum [right by Ball State University]. Every third Saturday it is FREE. Compared to the Indy Children's Museum, it's much more age-appropriate for my boys. I'd say it'd be great for those 5 and under. They loved it! In fact, as we entered the museum Caleb was jumping up and down and exclaiming, "This IS AWESOME!!!" Here we have Caleb milking a cow...
At the museum there was a grocery store. The kids could pick out healthy food and then were able to be their own cashier. The museum also had a kitchen with small appliances, a semi-truck [we were at that exhibit F.O.R.E.V.E.R], a boat that they could fish out of, blocks, water exhibit, a barn, an ant farm, and too many other things to list. Overall, a great FREE day!

Ant Farm


Speaking of ways to save money, pictured above is Micah's Birthday Gifts. I purchased all of these for only $2.76$
The two puzzles and game were a "trade-in' at Here We Grow Again. Every few months I'll go through the boys toys and trade them in at our local re-sale shop for more age-appropriate ones. Most cities have such stores and it's a great way to recycle your toys. Then I picked up the four books at Goodwill for $.69 each=$2.76 total!
Lastly, on Zenni.com I got these great prescription glasses for $13.99 shipped! Go to the site and you can chose from frames starting at just $6.95. You then enter your prescription and they will fill them for you! As a busy mom, I don't have the time or money to go into the eyeglass store and pick out the frames [all the while my boys would be trying on/breaking glasses]. So doing it online at a super discount allows me to pick out what I want in a non-rushed manner! Perfecto!






No comments: