Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Going a little Stir Crazy...Go for a DIVE!!!

...A DUMPSTER DIVE!! On the way home from Caleb's preschool I found a pretty sad looking puppet stage. I loaded it into the van and took it home. I cleaned, painted, and refinished it. The result: hours of entertainment for the boys as they helped clean it up and now use it! Next to the puppet stage was this beauty. I washed the pads and Lysol-ed the wood. The result: a lovely rocking chair that will provide a comfy place to read books with the boys! Down the road I may put fabric over the green pad but for now, it's perfect! Finally, this desk was in fair condition but I polished and cleaned it right up! Not sure if we'll be keeping this find but I'm sure someone will use it!

Not a bad way to brighten up my Monday! On Tuesday I woke up feeling awfully sore. Travis then reminded me that I had hauled these heavy treasures into my van and into the house the previous day. My adrenaline was so high I didn't feel a things...until Tuesday! haha All in a days' work!
I


1 comment:

MJUnderwood said...

Love that kind of shopping! Way to go Lis!