Friday, March 16, 2012

Will I see you in heaven?

The Lord has been prompting me to start teaching the boys about sharing the Gospel. At lunch we were discussing the importance of having Jesus in our hearts. Caleb asked me if I thought our neighbors had Jesus in their hearts. I said that I didn't know but that we should begin praying for them. This did not satisfy his little heart. Caleb was headed for the door! I tried to appease him and asked him if we could call some people on the phone and ask them. He was persistent...his neighbors needed Jesus. On his tippy toes he reached up and rang their doorbells and when they came to the door Caleb asked, "Um excuse me- do you have Jesus in your heart?" All three neighbors said "Yes," and Caleb just said, "See you in heaven" as he headed to the next door. Just like that. Simple. When do I lose my urgency? I can remember being about 8 or 9 asking a man behind me at Dairy Queen if he died that night where would he go?' No fear. No pride. Just simple. Lord give me that boldness!!

No comments: