Friday, January 15, 2010

Beans, Beans, bad for the heart....

Here is what my Tuesday and Wednesday look like...I love it!! It's been such a joy having Alli in our home. She makes me laugh and challenges Caleb! :)
Caleb lovingggg the snow!

Discipline me....I dare you!
So I thought it'd be a great idea to give Alli and Caleb some beans, noodles, and cotton balls to play with so that they could use their tactile senses to explore. I was playing nicely with Alli and Caleb comes over and puts my finger in his nose. I felt a bean. So I removed it. Then I felt another bean, I also removed it. Then I got my flashlight out and saw another been lodged in his nasal passages. I grabbed my plucker's and went to work. Thankfully I was able to remove the third bean from his nostril. I was a little shaken from the whole ordeal and so was Caleb [while I was 'operating' he said, "I sorry mommy I sorry Mommy" but what he was really saying was "Please stop, when I say Sorry things are always all better!"] So I gave Caleb and Alli 2 m&m's to calm them. Meanwhile I began thinking..."What if there are more? What if he put them in his ears???" I got my flashlight out again and low and behold...I saw another bean!!! I called the doctor's office as it was getting ready to close and they told me to come in at once! I brought Caleb and Micah in [Alli's dad came and got her] to the doctors office to have his airways cleared. It took four nurses to hold him down and then his nose became so bloody they could no longer see the bean! Once the bleeding had stopped they were finally able to remove it! THANK YOU JESUS! As we were leaving the doctor's office, Caleb proudly announced to the waiting room, "Four Beans in my nose-gone!!"
My heart still beats a little faster when I think of those beans in his little noes. NO MORE BEANS FOR US!!!


1.15.10




2 comments:

Kellee Flatt said...

YIKES! I do not envy you at all. Good story though.. now that it turned out ok. I have learned my lesson, and I don't even have kids!

Kellee Flatt said...

YIKES! I do not envy you at all. Good story though.. now that it turned out ok. I have learned my lesson, and I don't even have kids!