Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bathroom Update

Old Bathroom
New Bathroom!

For those of you who know me....I love change!! So when Travis tells me that we will be living in our current home for FOREVER, I feel a bit shaky. However, I have managed to release some of that oppression by occasionally [okay, more than occasionally] rearranging the furniture, redecorating the walls and the like. Well the above project was a much needed update to cover over some rough spots on our walls where trim once hung. I couldn't find any textured wallpaper to get the job done so I cut up some bamboo shoots that I had on display in another room and this was the result! I love my little bamboo oasis!
The ribbons hide the staples...my father would have never aloud 'ribbons' in the bathroom but Travis doesn't care what I do as long as I don't spend any money! The total cost of this upgrade was ~ $15.00 but was waived because it was truly needed and not just a result of my fickle design style.







2 comments:

MJUnderwood said...

Quite the crafter there. At first, I thought the bamboo was a cool border! Very ingenious, Lis. Can you come decorate my house?

Sember said...

Very Martha Stewart, Lis! I really like it! Where were you for the hideous old lady Gert Bathroom you and Bec had to share?! haha!